BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you draw this in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to draw this model I have made for a project at University. So far I have only drawn a 3D house in ArchiCAD, but that was made up from walls etc. What I want is a basic frame to show the shape and intersection of my model. Which tools etc, would I use to get it 3D

photo-6.jpg
82 REPLIES 82
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
NStocks wrote:
I tried dragging them into position, but they never snapped to the correct place.

Did you create all the profiles on top of each other ( unlike mine ) ? Would this have made it easier to line up ?
Do you have hotspots on the circumference of the hole? If so, use those to align them. Or use the circle tool to place circles over the holes so you can snap to the centres when dragging. For this type of exercise, it probably wouldn't hurt to line them up by eye-ometer either.

Yes, I drew them all lined up. It was like an assembly line - make the profile, bend it, flip it over 90 degrees (and out of the way), and rotate in 2D to the next position. Then repeat with the next, etc. I sketched a few construction lines/circles onto the floor plan to ensure all the rotations were done about the same axis every time.
Did you still manage to get the end on easily as well this way, or did you place them in the 3D view?

Thank you for your help.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
NStocks wrote:
Did you still manage to get the end on easily as well this way, or did you place them in the 3D view?
Yes, I illustrated snapping the end object to the curved object in 3D about 4 messages previous.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I'm definitley getting there now. I'm not sure which is the best way to align all the elements. I tried special align and drew a horizontal line through the hole but that didn't really work.

I've probably gone about it differentley to what you have, but I've sure learnt a lot by doing it 4 different times !

Thank You

P.S Any ideas for the next part
Learn and get certified!