Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I just lost the last 1 1/2 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable
It just closed..... I don't think I hit quit, but if I had it should have asked me to save. I didn't get a crash notice or a bug report..... nothing....

All of the sudden I have a major concern with AC10!
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
It'd be nice if Autosave actually SAVED instead of created an index file (or whatever) so if you did crash, you could just open the .pln and everything would be where you left it as of the last autosave before the crash. The autosave sometimes gets corrupted.

Maybe some of you gurus could write a little script that would File>Save every 30 min or so?
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are times when I have a file open that I don't want it to "save" and overwrite the existing. Also, on my current setup "saving" takes more than a few seconds especially when the job gets more complex. I don't know how autosave saves it without stopping everything else like a regular "save" does, but I wouldn't like an automatic save to stop everything else whilst saving....

If I had a wish, it would be that the autosave file were more obviously a .pln file. Admittedly, now that I know, it doesn't really matter to me as much anymore...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive lost work quite a few times due to the terrible set out of the save popup screen. Instead of having 'save' on the left side as the first button and 'dont save' on the right side - as one would expect - it has 'dont save' as the first button and its also the largest one! How stupid is that! Ive closed loads of drawings and hit the wrong button thereby losing work.

And the autosave facility is also terrible - it only keeps the last drawing you saved. Why on earth doesnt it keep the last ten saves in succession? What the point in an autosave that is so restrictive? I have better save facilities in £30 computer games that I play in my spare time! And how much does ArchiCAD cost again?

The whole save process needs some work in ArchiCAD thats for sure! How can simple problems like this get all the way to release 10?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you want a hard save every so often, there are keyboard shortcut utilities you can use (I use one called Keyboard Express).
You can set it to invoke a CTRL+C keyboard sequence in ArchiCAD, which in effect causes ArchiCAD to do a hard save. You can set it to do this every x minutes.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
andrewzarb
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
You can set it to invoke a CTRL+C keyboard sequence
I think Laszlo may mean CTRL+S
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Oh, yes, you are right.