Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Imposible wall.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to everyone!

I have a problem trying to generate a special wall. I'm surprised with the new stretch and angle modification of walls in archicad 10, but I need to create a wall with some special shape and with some empty opening shapes. I try to make the wall in sketchup or autocad, like a 3d object, but is very frustrating comparing to archicad walls.

So, the question is: Why is possible to make those interesting shapes and empty openings in a slab but is so difficult to make the same shape in elevation on a wall??? (Considering the stretch and angle modifications)

And the final question: Is there a way of making the wall i'm trying to make without using roof trims, external objects, maxon form?

And the final final question: using any tool, internal or external; which is the easiest way of modeling this wall?

Two images posted of the autocad section and my experiments with walls and slabs in archicad.
24 REPLIES 24
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Brett wrote:
You have a wall, the top two corners (or just one) have a hot spot on it to adjust that height of that point of the wall up and down to adjust the angle of the top.
You could also simply place a horizontal 'wall' object, and use OBJECTiVE's Split tool to cut it to the required slope:
  • 1) Cutting one side of the wall
    2) Cutting this opposite side
    3-4) The finished result in elevation and 3D.
The texture again remains on the horizontal.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thankyou,Thankyou and thankyou. The split example was what I was talking about, but don't you have to goto a elevation view of the wall to split it? (from memory from previous trial) What I was hoping that the lower end of the split would have an adjustable hotspot that can be raised up and down to adjust to site mesh slope in that position, in the 3D window, without making an elevation view every time you want to adjust it.

Objective does about every thing else, so hopefully it can do this somehow. Or is it that AC will never be able to do this with any walls,not even Objective.

If you buy Objective now, you can download the Version for the AC you are using at the time and in the future, and all the features in the 12 version are in previous versions?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Brett wrote:
Objective does about every thing else, so hopefully it can do this somehow. Or is it that AC will never be able to do this with any walls,not even Objective.
This feature could be implemented as a 3D hotspot that is dragged to the required level, but it's sometimes difficult to implement a hotspot in a way that makes its purpose clear, doesn't conflict with another hotspot, and doesn't clutter the 3D display. And when it comes down to the details, it is often essential to work in a section view.
Brett wrote:
If you buy Objective now, you can download the Version for the AC you are using at the time and in the future, and all the features in the 12 version are in previous versions?
Yes, your registration code will work with all versions of OBJECTiVE for both Mac and Windows. Once you've registered one version, the others will just work. The same features exist in all versions too, back to AC8.1 at present.

BTW. If you're using the educational version of ArchiCAD you can use OBJECTiVE for free (without registration).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Djordje
Ace
While I bow sincerely to the perfection of Objective, there is one very important point:

What you create with Objective is an OBJECT, not a WALL.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Djordje wrote:
there is one very important point: What you create with Objective is an OBJECT, not a WALL.
Yes - I tried to make that clear by writing 'wall' object in most cases, and/or noting it was created with OBJECTiVE. It's difficult to describe an object which is intended to be a wall (in a physical sense) but is not a wall element (in a logical sense)
Ralph Wessel BArch