Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

In A/C 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't find the classic 3d navigation pallette. It is not where the book says it should be
Also I have no classic alt click verification sound, does anyone know how to turn it on?

Thank you

jp
28 REPLIES 28
Thomas Holm
Booster
Check your workspace settings.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Check your workspace settings.
Thanks, found it in user preference schemes/more options

Still can't find the old 3d navigation pallette, the one with "editing-motion" "motion mode" view cone angle slide bar, put camera in path, etc.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Still can't find the old 3d navigation pallette,
Try Window > Toolbars > Classic 3D Navigation.

It's there in the standard profile, although I can't see why you'd want to go back to that awful method!

Cheers,
Link.
Windows-Toolbars, is how you get to it now.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the perspective slide cone is no longer with us??
(Except on navigator preview)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I believe the perspective slide cone is no longer with us??
(Except on navigator preview)
It certainly looks that way.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it me, or is the new 3D navigation system completely counter-intuitive? I've been playing with it for about 1/2 hour, and just can't figure out how to do a smooth walk-through. Am I missing something, or is using arrow keys and page keys to try to walk through the building just a horrible idea?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Is it me, or is the new 3D navigation system completely counter-intuitive? I've been playing with it for about 1/2 hour, and just can't figure out how to do a smooth walk-through. Am I missing something, or is using arrow keys and page keys to try to walk through the building just a horrible idea?
The walk through feature is a bit clunky due to the lack of a physics model. It would also be nice to be able to change the navigation keys, etc. I don't use it much.

On the other hand, the new orbit method is great. I find it MUCH easier to navigate, and even complete neophytes (including a client) have found it instantly understandable.
Dwight
Newcomer
The arrow key method lacks a simple "turning" direction, instead relegated to mouse movement.

Most ArchiCAD users have their mouse in high gear and high accelleration for fast screen movements. This setting is incompatible with smooth steering during a walkthru.

I cope by using two different mouses (?!). One has a low gear/slow set up.

This approach is also appropriate when navigating in Maxonform, where things spins out of control if the mouse is too sensitive.
Dwight Atkinson