Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Joining/unifying adjacent slabs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used the magic wand tool to fill in a road on my site plan. Some places I had to cut it up and do it in parts since there were small faults in the drawing.

I have all my pieces together and arranged, but they are separate. Is there some sort of join/unify tool I can use, so that the road is continuous?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
Once you have all the areas established, you can join them with the slab tool.

The pet palette shows an icon to add to a slab area - the "plus" sign. Use this tool to accumulate the parts into one single slab - one bit at a time.
Dwight Atkinson
David Maudlin
Rockstar
tdellaqu:

As you add to one slab using Dwight's suggestion, the smaller slabs will remain (ArchiCAD is using them as a reference to add to the selected slab), so you will need to delete them when you are done.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
If its only for 3D , SOE might work ?
using unify ? i didn't try it my self though , and sure Dwight method is the one in the book , but i was always wondering what is the use of unify in SOE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aha!

Thanks so much!
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
tdellaqu wrote:
Aha!

Thanks so much!
I know this won't help you with SLABS, but I wonder how many people know that there is a new command in 11

FILL CONSOLIDATION...

It has to be added to a MENU or TOOLBAR thru the WORK ENVIRONMENT, but it will allow you to select 2 or more fills and have them MERGE into one.

I can't figure out why GS did not make it work for ALL POLYGONS, but right now it only works for FILLS.

Maybe 12?

Also note that there is LINE CONSOLIDATION as well.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dwight
Newcomer
The reason a fill consolidation doesn't work for slabs - and not that it couldn't - is that slabs have an origin and surfacing bias for their materials. YOu will notice that Archicad maps the texture direction to the longest edge of a slab.
If you are "merging" two slabs that might have different orientations, the current method forces the user to select the dominant origin and apply it to the grown part. If you are merging two elements with identical orientations, this is not yet legal in America but we have been allowing it in Canada for some time.
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas Holm
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
I know this won't help you with SLABS, but I wonder how many people know that there is a new command in 11

FILL CONSOLIDATION...

It has to be added to a MENU or TOOLBAR thru the WORK ENVIRONMENT,
Also note that there is LINE CONSOLIDATION as well.
Those commands don't have to be added if you've started with the default Work Environment[.
Look in the Edit menu under Reshape.

Normally, new commands in a new version are available in the new default work environment. It's a good reason to start with that when you migrate, instead of just transferring your old WE.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
whatever wrote:
If its only for 3D , SOE might work ?
using unify ? i didn't try it my self though , and sure Dwight method is the one in the book , but i was always wondering what is the use of unify in SOE
SEO is definitely not the way to go in this situation IMHO. SEO doesn't show correctly in plan, so it is more useful in 3D, say to add a band around a column or to the face of a wall.

I think the simplest way is the way tdellaqu did it. My only suggestion is to maybe turn on the cover fill, so that you can more easily see where the slab is up to.

Cheers,
Link.