Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lag and UI flicker with Trace Reference

JohnJay
Expert

Can someone check this pls so I can understand if it's something on my end or if it's some kind of bug, or expected behaviour.

The attached file is very simple - just some intersecting circles on a hidden layer and shown as Trace Reference

With the TR active (circles layer TR), use the magic wand tool to create fills or a slab in one of the sections created by the intersecting circles

On my machine the Layer button on the Info Box starts flashing for a while, then the Magic Wand pre highlight appears and finally the fill appears, but there's a few seconds lag.

Is it working smoothly with you?

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
10 REPLIES 10

Having a Trace Reference active means that Archicad is potentially having to do twice the work (turn it off when you don't need it).

Once to display the current viewpoint and again to display what you want in the trace reference.

If the TR is using different settings to the current vewpoint, it will take longer.

And if you have 'Custom' settings then it may take longer still as Archicad sorts out what it needs to show.

'Custom' settings are fine while you are just looking at something on screen, but now views should be saved with 'custom' settings for anything.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11