Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layer setting stays same between drawing windows

Gus
Newcomer
I use two screens. I like having the plan on one and the elevation or section on the other. However, when I switch from one window to the other (by clicking on that window) it changes that windows layer settings to the settings from the window I was previously on. I know that the simple solution to this is to click on the Navigator to go between drawings but is there a way to set it up so I can just jump between windows and have each window hold it's own view settings? When I'm going back and forth between drawings a lot it would be convenient to be able to do this. If this is not possible, is there a way to add multiple trace references in a window? That way I wouldn't have to jump between windows at all.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you open a view from the navigator are you opening it from the Project Map or from the View Map? If you are opening it from the Project Map then nothing will change but the view. However, if you open it from the View Map then you can set up the View to open the drawing with a specific Layer Combo, Model view option, scale, pen set (version 11), and dimension style. Hope this helps.
View settings are essentially global. You can't simultaneously show different layer setups in different viewpoints.

You're in plan, looking at a plan view with plan layers (the layers saved with that view). Double-click a Section view in the view map, you get the section, showing the layers saved with that view. If you switch back to the plan by clicking in its window, you will see the plan window with the section's layers. I'm sure multiple simultaneous views is a wish.

The difference between the Project Map and the View Map: When you open a view, that viewpoint opens and all the view's settings are activated. When you open a viewpoint from the Project Map, you get that viewpoint with the current settings.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info