cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layout book - moving drawings for plotting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I move drawings in the layout book from one ArchiCAD file to another? I have Master layouts in a start-up file which is used every time. After completing a floor plan in one file I would like to bring in the elevation from another file onto layout sheet #2.

Is this the best way to bring the two together or should the layout sheets be plotted separately from each file?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have the option to open up a different project in the left side of your organizer and drag the drawings into your layout book. Click on the upper left button in your "Organizer-view editor" and browse for the project
organizer.jpg
SeaGeoff
Ace
Rich, why are your floor plans and elevations in different files? That's going against the grain of what ArchiCAD is all about.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff,
Good question. The elevation was created from the floor plan. After the elevation was made I saved it to its own file.

Is there a better way to save the file in ArchiCAD 10? We are in the process of upgrading from ArchiCAD 6.0.
SeaGeoff
Ace
Rich wrote:
Is there a better way to save the file in ArchiCAD 10? We are in the process of upgrading from ArchiCAD 6.0.
Dude, I don't even know where to start. All I can say is, yes there is a better way. I suggest you sort of start over when you move to 10, do the tutorials, watch the movies, etc. You'll be amazed.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will take another look at the tutorials and ArchiGuide. Thanks for the info.