cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Level Dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is there any way to get level dimensions to refer to the 1st Reference Level as opposed to project zero? I would like to give ceiling levels on the first floor of a building so that they read from the first floor slab.
Thanks,

John
5 REPLIES 5
Srinivas
Booster
You need to select the dimension text from the level dimension and open its properties to make it show the value from the first reference level dimension.
First Floor Reference.png
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Srinivas. That's exactly what I needed.

Kind regards,

John
Anonymous
Not applicable
On a related issue, when you have multiple slabs (e.g. concrete slab, floor finish, ceiling over, outline of slab over etc.) overlapping a location that you want to place a level dimension with gravity switched on, is there a way of selecting which one gets dimensioned?

my workaround is to temporarily switch off all other layers than the one with the element i want to dimension, however with outlines of slabs over on the same layer, i either have to switch off the option to show on other storeys, dimension the element i want, and then switch back on or physically move the elements not requiring dimensioning out of the way, add the level dimension, and then move everything back. Not a huge hassle, but requiring four or five steps when it could be done in one if there was some way of selecting a specific element (similar to using the <TAB> button to toggle through overlapping elements for selection.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
kombibob wrote:
On a related issue, when you have multiple slabs (e.g. concrete slab, floor finish, ceiling over, outline of slab over etc.) overlapping a location that you want to place a level dimension with gravity switched on, is there a way of selecting which one gets dimensioned?

my workaround is to temporarily switch off all other layers than the one with the element i want to dimension, however with outlines of slabs over on the same layer, i either have to switch off the option to show on other storeys, dimension the element i want, and then switch back on or physically move the elements not requiring dimensioning out of the way, add the level dimension, and then move everything back. Not a huge hassle, but requiring four or five steps when it could be done in one if there was some way of selecting a specific element (similar to using the <TAB> button to toggle through overlapping elements for selection.
Not AFAIK. They always gravitate to the uppermost element. It may be easier just to cut out the offending elements and paste them back in afterwards. Not suitable in all cases (ie. where SEOs are involved) but I use that technique quite regularly for similar situations.

Cheers,
Link.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I use James Murray's Slab Elev Label object as this gets round the problem nicely. Also it has the added bonus that you can display the elevation/level to the underside of the slab which is lurvly for Ceiling plans.

As all you have to do is activate Label Slab check box and position the associated label where ever you want it to display for all the slabs that need Elevation symbols.

Btw use the AC10 one James has on his website http://www.onland.info/archives/2005/05/slab_elev_jm9_l.php not the one in the Depository as it fixes a wee glitch I found using it.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics