Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line thickness problems

Paopao
Booster
Hi there,
I need to use a very thick line in my drawing so I have made a new Line Type thickening the Dash option in the Line Type. I have noticed there are a number of problems with this method: first of all the thickness seems to vary when the polyline forms an angle and also there is no uniformity in the way the line print.
Attach is a screenshot showing the problems. Any idea how I can fix it?

Ps ignore the arrow it is part of the drawing

Thanks a lot for your help.
Pao

LineThicknessJPG.jpg
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
The usual way to make thick, even very thick, lines is to just make a pen extremely fat. The downside of this approach is that the line ends will be rounded, not square.

Another way for a very fat line - like wall thickness thick - but with square ends is to use the fill tool. But that's too hard, you say! The trick is to set the Wall Tool to the thickness of the desired line and to draw your polyline with the wall tool (set to basic wall - one fill - the fill and color of your desired "line"). Make sure Grouping is "suspended" - and then select these 'walls' and explode them, clearing the checkbox that would keep the original wall. You'll be left with 2D fills and 2D lines (wall edges).
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Paopao
Booster
Clever idea about using walls in 2D instead of a thick line! I will give it a go!

And by the way, I have tried to associate a very thick pen to a colour in the pen set but it doesn't seem to go above a certain number (I think 1000mm was the max it would take).
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080