Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line types and fills displaying incorrectly on a composite

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I searched the forum and checked everything I could, to no avail. I've created a composite, and while the preview reflects the line type and fills that I've selected, these change when I am viewing the composite in plan (see attached screengrab). This is also true when I view the composite in section, even though I have deselected the override "uniform pen" check boxes within the section marker. Can anyone help me to chase down the toggle I must have missed?

CUSTOMS_EAGLE.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would start by looking into the Model View Options, it seems like you have some fill overrides going on . >Document > Set model view.
Anonymous
Not applicable
...that was my first thought, too. But no, no overrides in the MVO at all. Thank you, though! Other ideas?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm ...
How about the pens?

BTW, you really should start using View Map views instead of Project map views. View Map views are saved with settings and therefore are the same every time you open them.
The project Map view are "raw", they have no ability to save settings and so show you whatever the last settings were - regardless of why or where those settings came from.

To get a grip on this, save this view into the view map, review all the settings of the saved view and check the settings of the pens etc. This will help you with consistency.

For example if you have looked at a section and then returned to this Project Map view of the plan, you will have inherited whatever settings were current in that section.

PS add your AC version to your signature line, thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Thanks for your comments on the project map/ view map.

Regarding the line and color settings, I am using the same pen set throughout.

It seems like there is an override somewhere I've missed-- the only change I can generate in the plan view is that changes in fill pattern as set in the composite are reflected in the plan view- albeit, they are shades of gray rather than whatever color I set them to be in the composite.

Other thoughts, anyone? It is mysterious.

Thank you!

John
Eduardo Rolon
Other items to check.

- Trace Reference off/on?

- Renovation Overrides?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
SOLVED

Thank you all, for your responses- the solution was fairly simple, but not one I've dealt with before- I'm at a new office and using a new template, and the default setting of the "Wall Selection Settings" -->"Floor Plan and Section" --> "Cut Surfaces" check boxes for "Apply Structure's Settings" was deselected; hence, a very local overwrite, per-wall.

Thanks again. As with many of my questions, they are very obvious in hindsight.