Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Linoleum flooring

Anonymous
Not applicable
Due a renovation of an existing building I am going to instal a new flooring of tile linoleum with different shapes and colours. I already draw with fill form in 2d the pavement I am looking for. But how I can draw it in 3D. Is there an easy way than making slab by slab for any of the tiles of the flooring.

Regards
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Each slab surface can only have one surface material.
So the easiest way is to have separate slabs for each colour material.

If the pattern repeats you could create a JPG texture that could be applied to the surface material and you could apply this to just one slab.
You would have to size the JPG appropriately in the surface settings and possibly align the texture in 3D if the position of the pattern is important.
You won't see this in 3D Document views - on a 3D view with OpenGL engine or in a render.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
also, if you need the hair lines around each linoleum tile to show in 3d views or something, you might want to duplicate a surface material, but give it a different name. The surfaces will merge if they are the same. But if the name is different the adjacent surfaces won't merge and that way you can see the lines between them.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25