Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lost doors-windows in floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm quite new to archicad. I started drafting a house layout and somehow the doors and windows preview in the floor plan suddenly disappeared but they were there as confirmed in 3D. I didn't remember exactly what i did and i tried to refresh/rebuild but none worked, really disappointing. Please help me, i need those 2D doors/windows to appear, really!

Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Unca wrote:
I'm quite new to archicad. I started drafting a house layout and somehow the doors and windows preview in the floor plan suddenly disappeared but they were there as confirmed in 3D. I didn't remember exactly what i did and i tried to refresh/rebuild but none worked, really disappointing. Please help me, i need those 2D doors/windows to appear, really!

Many thanks.

Dave,
You must check the FLOOR PLAN CUT PLANE to make sure it is set to display doors and windows. I am not sitting in front of ArchiCAD right now, so I can't remember the dialog box verbatim. But I think it's pretty straight forward once you get there.

Hope this helps. I can describe better tomorrow from the office.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Djordje
Virtuoso
Also, check the window/door representation. Best bet is Symbolic - they always show, except if they are out of the floor cut plane range.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Sirs,

It was so silly, the layer combination was put to ceiling not drafting and the floor plan cut plane were quite different. I didn't even know how it got switched, o well.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Unca wrote:
Thank you Sirs,

It was so silly, the layer combination was put to ceiling not drafting and the floor plan cut plane were quite different. I didn't even know how it got switched, o well.
Remember these things get saved with VIEW (view map in the navigator)... So if you double click on a view, these things will change.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your reflected ceiling plan view likely changed the model view options as well. This is the other place to check for door and window display.