cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making a roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to use archicad to create a roof for one of my 3d models (what Can I say... I love the feature of Italian tiles )

Anyway I was able to make a basic roof and all that, but I found a couple of conditions that I couldn't figure out how to make them in Archicad

Here is the first one:

Problem 01
(The picture above is an AutoCAD drawing)
I would like for the roof to die in the wall on the second floor. Perhaps my problem was that I didn't model the walls. (I only model the roof, because that is all that I need)

Problem 02
Problem #2 is pretty similar to #1...

Problem 03
side elevation

I guessing this is the hardest to accomplish. I want an area of the roof to be elevated and then merge with the rest of the roof. Notice that the elevated area (tower) would become the highest point of the roof so the rest of the roof has to follow along on the back :confused:

thanks!

Leo
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
For problem 1 and 2
Use poly roof in archicad and delete one part of the roof and modify the others by using pet palette (move node, ofset edge..)
see the jpegs
1.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pet palatte-modify jpeg
Anonymous
Not applicable
pardom my ignorance.. but how do I delete that piece??

also, I'm looking for pet pallet... but it doesn't show at windows/ pallets
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select the roof, then
Edit-grouping --suspend group (pull down menu) then delete the part.

To see the pet palette , select the part (roof,wall.etc) then click again.

But,

These are the basics of ac, there are alot of things like that so I suggest you to buy a ac book or download some doc.

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/documentation/.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! Now I'm getting to something

Who else could help me with this one:
Problem 03
side elevation

I guessing this is the hardest to accomplish. I want an area of the roof to be elevated and then merge with the rest of the roof. Notice that the elevated area (tower) would become the highest point of the roof so the rest of the roof has to follow along on the back

do you guys need more pics to make it clear?

thanks!

BTW

The other day I got a copy (1 month free Revit) in a Revit convesion. I was all happy thinking that I could learn Revit or archicad in a few minutes... but it doesn't seem to be the case

leo
Djordje
Virtuoso
1eo wrote:
Thanks! Now I'm getting to something
Get to an Archicad training session soon ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
1eo wrote:
The other day I got a copy (1 month free Revit) in a Revit convesion. I was all happy thinking that I could learn Revit or archicad in a few minutes... but it doesn't seem to be the case
It's about as likely as learning architecture in a few minutes...
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Leo, have you found a solution to your "Problem #3"?

I might have a solution to your problem it's a bit hard to explain using this forum.