cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mergiing a previously created building into a new plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just created a new building with it own floor structure (level heights). I would like to import/merge a previously designed building. I read all about the MERGE command but I see an issue because the heights of the floors on the imported building are not the same as the new building and according to what I can find out AC will try to modify the imported building to match the new building's floor structure which I don't want. Is there a method in which I can merge the old building into the new plan and still keep all of its floor structure? The only thing I can think of would be to create an IFC file of the older building and merge that but I have no clue if that will work the way I want. All assistance is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Griffith
Booster
I would say that both files need to have the same story structure. So add the floors to each that are missing, and adjust the existing levels if necessary (sometimes they change when adding stories, depending how it is done).

I do this for ifc reference files from engineers. Even using ifc, you need the same stories, or things may misalign.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Add the old building as a Hotlink?

You can retain the old files floor levels that way, but any modifications to the old building will need to be done in the old file.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660