Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Mesh in Archicad not showing in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've drawing the mesh in 2D and its shown up before but im not sure what i pressed cause now when im in 3D it seems to be transparent but I am still able to highlight it! any ideas how to fix this???

thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As I recall you get this phenomenon when the Mesh element's 3D geometry is degenerated so ARCHICAD cannot display it in 3D. You still see its nodes when you select it though.

You could either delete it and redo it, or you could find where exactly the Mesh is degenerated. It is usually a single place in the Mesh. I usually do this:

0. Create a duplicate of the Mesh and work with that.
1. Split the Mesh into two Meshes using the Split command. Usually you will see that now one of the two resulting Meshes now displays correctly in 3D. You will then know that the problem is in the other part of the Mesh.
2. Split the problematic resulting Mesh again into two Meshes. Continue this until you can pinpoint exactly where in the Mesh geometry your error is.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I found this forum which seems to be having the same issue...
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=39047

but im not sure how to uncheck 'Filter elements in 3D'... where can I find this??
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As I recall you get this phenomenon when the Mesh element's 3D geometry is degenerated so ARCHICAD cannot display it in 3D. You still see its nodes when you select it though.

You could either delete it and redo it, or you could find where exactly the Mesh is degenerated. It is usually a single place in the Mesh. I usually do this:

0. Create a duplicate of the Mesh and work with that.
1. Split the Mesh into two Meshes using the Split command. Usually you will see that now one of the two resulting Meshes now displays correctly in 3D. You will then know that the problem is in the other part of the Mesh.
2. Split the problematic resulting Mesh again into two Meshes. Continue this until you can pinpoint exactly where in the Mesh geometry your error is.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27