Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi storey modules not appearing correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an issue where multi storey modules from one file (a file set up specifically for unit types) do not appear in the master file.

Eg.
- "Unit 6" is a multi storey module based on levels -36,-37,-38.
- "Unit 6" is published and placed into a master file that only has 4 levels (Ground to Level 3) but it does not appear.
- If I then add 38 negative levels with any height (even zero mm) and replace or update the "Unit 6" module and it appears correctly.

Is this a known issue with ArchiCAD 19?

I am sure I have undertaken this process in the past without these issues but can't seem to figure out what's going on.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
Your master file and module file need to have the same storeys, otherwise if your module storeys do not exist in the master file then there is nowhere for the module to be placed.

The only way I can think of around this is when Archicad asks you to 'Match Storeys" when you place the hotlink.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
Multi story modules are pretty much worthless before version 21.

We only did story per story exports, because it was the only way to solve problems like different heights (master to hotlink).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lingwisyer
Guru
Previous to 21, if you're story settings didn't match between files, modules were essentially broken. I found the easiest way around this was to create an object of each of your modules that didn't have matching stories, then insert those into your master file as then the story settings remain independent. The downside is that you have to manually update each object when ever changes are made.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Your master file and module file need to have the same storeys, otherwise if your module storeys do not exist in the master file then there is nowhere for the module to be placed.

The only way I can think of around this is when Archicad asks you to 'Match Storeys" when you place the hotlink.

Barry.
I have had interior module files (for bathroom/kitchens etc.) consisting of 100's of stories that could be imported as single level modules into a master file with only 20 stories before. Perhaps it is just a multi story issue.

Either way, after a few tests, I'm going to migrate the project to 21 as it doesn't cause the same issue.