BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My magnet stopped working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love my magnet but the space bar no longer turns it off & on.
I restart day after day & still it won't work. Does anyone know why this would happen?
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not working! Why would that happen & how can I fix it? Might seem like a small problem but it's driving me crazy!
Barry Kelly
Have you tried re-applying the standard Work Environment?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jack:

I could not find a way to turn it off. With the Arrow Tool selected, can you change the Quick Select option (Magnet icon) in the Info Box?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried applying the ArchiCAD 17 Standard and the space bar would not turn off the magnet. If I click on the magnet in the tool bar I can turn it on & off, but, it was so easy when my space bar would do it. Thank you.
Barry Kelly
Quick Select is a non-customisable shortcut so it shouldn't be possible to deactivate it.
The only thing I can think of is you have another program running in the background that is 'hi-jacking' the space bar shortcut.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jack:

Does the Spacebar work to invoke the Magic Wand? (Also a built-in shortcut.)

Here is a thread with a similar issue:
Spacebar and Esc functions won't work

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea to check! The space bar does not work the magic wand either. Space bar works normally when I'm typing. There are no other programs running.
Thanks.
rgarand
Booster
This is a long shot, but could you assign the "spacebar" to another shortcut by mistake?
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Anonymous
Not applicable
The space bar is not used as a shortcut so there is no way it could have been assigned to a different command. I wish I knew what the problem is & how to solve it.
Learn and get certified!