cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

OX BOW WINDOW - STAINED GLASS MODEL

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I insert my custom stained glass model window in the ox bow dormer object. Or will this require modeling the object and placing the window?

OXBOW WINDOW.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The Ox Eye Dormer is a Skylight element. So you would have to open that library part and somehow incorporate your Window into the 3D geometry of the skylight.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
You can use SEO on the Dormer Ox-Eye 14 and place your custom stained glass window in the hole. Or you might be able to place your custom window in the dormer and use it as the Operator. ? Did you try that yet?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Archimamamia:

Another option to try is to save the window as an object rather than a window, then use it as an operator (SEO) on the dormer to knock out the dormer's window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it to work, show up in the window schedule and on the elevations! My fix was to create a glass wall just a bit in front of the Dormer and place the window. So it shows in 3d, elevations and on the schedule. But, it won't show up in the section which is cut through the dormer...will have to fake it here, unless someone has a fix?!

See my window in the dormer?!

David wrote:
Archimamamia:

Another option to try is to save the window as an object rather than a window, then use it as an operator (SEO) on the dormer to knock out the dormer's window.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

ox bow window.jpg
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Archimamamia wrote:
But, it won't show up in the section which is cut through the dormer...will have to fake it here, unless someone has a fix?!
Archimamamia:

Glad to see that you have it working in almost all views. If the original dormer window and your replacement window occupy the same space, then the section will not work (what you have is a physically impossible situation of two objects occupying the same space). You would need to create an element that is the same size and profile of the original window (could be a profiled wall) and use it to remove the original window using SEO. Or you could just use a fill and some line work as a 2D patch in the section, it won't be linked to the model, but may be the most efficient solution.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The best latest window fix on this project was Eric Bobrow's Tip on renumbering Windows at http://www.actemplate.com/video-tips/set-ids/ I would encourage everyone to go to his website, find the Window Tip and check it out. Instead of having to spend hours individually renumbering the windows, I selected them in the order wanted, then selected the numbering system wanted, clicked ok and Voila...all windows renumbered in order, show up on Window Schedule.... thanks Eric.
David wrote:
Archimamamia wrote:
But, it won't show up in the section which is cut through the dormer...will have to fake it here, unless someone has a fix?!
Archimamamia:

Glad to see that you have it working in almost all views. If the original dormer window and your replacement window occupy the same space, then the section will not work (what you have is a physically impossible situation of two objects occupying the same space). You would need to create an element that is the same size and profile of the original window (could be a profiled wall) and use it to remove the original window using SEO. Or you could just use a fill and some line work as a 2D patch in the section, it won't be linked to the model, but may be the most efficient solution.

David