Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Opening Multiple dwg's in Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a crap task. I have to convert 700 individual Corel Draw vector files of engineering details and convert them to dwg's.
Then I have to add a simple title block with the ID and name of each detail and then publish as a dwg file (for use in Autodesk products) and as a pdf.
I can run a Colel Macro to convert all files to dxf, no sweat but I would rather use the Archicad workbook scheme to manage and publish the details on their own title sheets saving them as dwg's or pdf's
I am a good to do all this but can anyone tell me a way to cope with 700 individual files? Can one batch process or macro with Archicad?

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
BARMCD
Participant
Red Bull!
AC-11 to AC-27, Dell Precision Tower 3420, Win10, Intel Core i7-7700 CPU@3.6GHz with 32.0 GB RAM
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you are using Mac, try creating a scripts with Automator. I've not tried but, it should be able to automate many of those repetitive actions.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James,

Can Automator control ArchiCAD actions? I don't see how this would work.

Brislenny,

I haven't checked lately but I vaguely recall an option to import multiple files into separate layouts. If this is correct and the sizes and scales are consistent it could be fairly easy.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Matthew wrote:
James,

Can Automator control ArchiCAD actions? I don't see how this would work
I haven't really used Automator. But it should be able to record anything you do on your Mac. So if you click "record" and then open ArchiCAD and make the actions, you should be able to replay them. But other than that, not sure 😕
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Matthew wrote:
James,

Can Automator control ArchiCAD actions? I don't see how this would work
I haven't really used Automator. But it should be able to record anything you do on your Mac. So if you click "record" and then open ArchiCAD and make the actions, you should be able to replay them. But other than that, not sure 😕
I didn't realize it could do that. I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks.
kevin b
Contributor
Matthew wrote:
James,
I haven't checked lately but I vaguely recall an option to import multiple files into separate layouts. If this is correct and the sizes and scales are consistent it could be fairly easy.
Matthew,
You are right, this used to be an option somewhere, in fact I used it for a similar exercise years ago. But can't seem to find it as an option anywhere now.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram