Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen override

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a few slabs that I want to show on multiple levels and have selected 'show on home and one above'. I'd like the slab on the level above to appear in a lighter line weight. Does anyone know if there is a pen override that I can apply to the storey to allow me to do this? I could change the uncut line property only this will affect my elevations.

I'm using Archicad 16.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
You can change the colors of the Trace Reference drawing to anything you like. If that is an option. ??

As far as I know, slabs don't have a setting for overhead lines like walls do.

A Morph or a Shell does let you set a different line for overhead. Perhaps you can turn your slab into a Morph or Shell.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Steve. I can convert the slabs to morp objects. I was hoping for a blanket pen override for the whole level, but converting the slabs won't hurt anything.

Thanks again.
Karl Ottenstein
Some other options...

You can use pen sets to control the weight, depending on how you're already managing pen assignments.

For example, if you have a free pen in your pen table that you can assign to the slab edges, then in one set use a darker/bolder pen and in another pen set assign the same pen number a lighter/gray/thinner/etc pen. This requires a dedicated pen for the slab.

An alternative to a dedicated pen is to overlay views on your layout and have one view for the floor above that shows only the slab and another view that shows everything except the slab. Assign a thinner/lighter pen set to the slab view and your normal pen set to the everything-else view. This requires new layer combinations to assign to the new views that you'll stack.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

Thanks for your post. I have only just got my head around making new pensets. Your tip works a treat! Thanks again.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad it helped. Thanks for posting back.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB