Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Placed Drawing way off Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know what I have done, but now when I drag and drop a view onto the layout, it shows up about 1/2 mile off the laoyut. I have to zoom extents to see the selected drawing which shows up as a dot in the distant corner of the zoomed out window. Every time I change the scale of any drawing on the layouts, they jump to a new position. I did a search on this issue but to no avail. Any hints?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a stab in the dark really Mark but is the view you're dragging set to "Current zoom" or "None"
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Is the view a detail by any chance?

And does the drawing have the anchor set to 'Use Drawing's internal origin as anchor'?

That's where I'd start looking.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips, The view is just a saved from the plan view. It is SET TO CURRENT WINDOW. The views work perfectly well.

I had already tried the internal anchor toggle but that did not change things. It is lame since I have not used all of version 10's features and I am not sure if it is something I have done. Must be since you don't experience this movement of the placed drawings when you change the scale.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this happen a while ago. The view would be 5,000 feet from the layout. Had to zoom all, select a large window area to find the small dot that is the view and drag it over to the layout. PITA. Dont know why it happened, other than it is a drawing that stated life as a 6.5 version.

Maybe an old library part that has something out in the middle of nowhere?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Burginger wrote:
...since I have not used all of version 10's features...

I haven't found it possible to master all of 10's features inside a period of around four months, whilst still trying to run a profitable business. It's just such a big upgrade.

BTW I have had placed drgs appear a long way off the layout a lot when placing a street location plan into my projects. The cause here is because all the street plans are based on one large plan (of a whole district) therefore they can sometimes be several km from the origin point. I think this is a different issue so I don't know if it is any help to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved this for a customer a couple of days ago. The reason this happens are that your drawings are fare away from origin. I doesn’t matter what you choose in “Drawing Tool” and Anchor Point before placing the view on layout. This must be a bug, but drag your drawings back to origin, and you have no more problems.

Regards

Frode Saltkjelvik

Product Manager
ArchiCAD Distributor Norway
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also got some strange display problems related to this. If I tried to zoom in or out using the scroll wheel on any layout that was a very long way off the origin, the whole project would disapear. It was still intact but quite impossible to veiw. If I selected all then the selection dots would apear but nothing else. Dragging the whole project (multi storey selection) back over the origin cured the fault.

It was in AC9 and was on a Powerbook G4 with a good graphics card so I don't think it was the hardware causing the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yo ho! Captain Frode, I at first thought it was the origin, but the origin is only 2000' away. If I do a zoom extents, I see the drawing very small on the right hand of a large empty plan area, the origin is right next to the drawing. Meanwhile I work around the problem since there is no time to fully mess with the file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've worked on about 5 or so projects on AC10, and have not had this happen (until now!)

Bit of a mystery, as the project origin is in the corner of the building and the origin in the layout is in the corner of the sheet also.

The job is small residential, with no crazy neighbourhood plans or other factors which could effect it.

I tried changing the view to "zoomed area", "current zoom' and "none", and it made no effect

I noticed it was placing it in the same spot, so i tried dragging in the drawing to some hotspots i randomly placed on the layout, and, as you can see it placed it the same distance (x and y) from each.

I then measured this distance and then looked in the model around the equivalent place (in the opposite direction) on each story... and can confirm that there was nothing there, but that was a long shot anyway.

I exhausted my thoughts, maybe someone can shed light...
layout1.jpg