cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with wall complex profile,please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is with the ensembles of the walls in the floor plan of the complex profiles, there is a solution to the Wall Priority Structure and Composite but I've tried, but no go. I drawing the concrete foundation, and I really would ask you to explain to me, or if there is some tutorial because this problem can not seem to solve. Please help me!
16 REPLIES 16
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Allen

Tough to tell what is happening with just a plan view however,
Check to make sure View>On Screen View Options> Clean Wall Beam
Intersections is toggled on.

It appears that you have a footing with a stem wall, make sure your
wall reference lines touch. Where is the reference line for the comp. wall
(outside edge of footing?), Try moving the reference line to the stem wall.

Lastly, the priority for the footing should be lower then the stem wall.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
In any case, thanks but my problem is still not resolved I really have no idea what to do again, I'll put some pictures, so if somebody could explain to me gradually what to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
some more pictures
Anonymous
Not applicable
picture
Un.png
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Allen

The only way to get the plan view to show correctly is to split your wall
in to 2 pieces and model them separately ie model the footing and then
model the wall on top of it, if you use the same fill for both, they will
appears as one in section

Hope that helps.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
allen,
you have to set "Cut Plane height to Current Story" for the complex profile foundation Walls under the menu Document / Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings.

From the dimensions of the profile I guess your height is set to 110cm. Set it to 100cm!
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you set to 100cm:
Foundation - Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings_02.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Andro helped
Although your problem was resolved, I would add that another solution probably would have been to draw your wall section correctly as it would appear in sections and in detail drawings.

Walls with footings are usually drawn (and built) as separate elements with the stem and the footing shown as separate fill elements (see below) even if you're using the same fill type for both. Sort of like what Dave Seabury was suggesting but rather than actually modelling it as 2 separate construction elements, you only draw it as 2 separate fill elements (in the Complex profile manger) even though they work as one element on plan and are built as one wall with footing in 3D and section.

This way you would be able to set the priorities for the stem and the footing separately in the Complex profile manager and have it clean up correctly in your plan along with section and detail drawings.
It would also allow you to set separate properties for the footing in plan (like controlling dash-line segments to show footing as hidden line contours in plan for only just footing - although ArchiCAD allows you to do this automatically but with less control on the wall view properties).

I realize that this is probably not at the level of your architectural education at this point yet, but if you stick with Architecture, eventually you're going to have to learn how it's done.

See the images below for how a wall with footing is drawn or represented (and constructed) complete with keyway.