Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with window above door

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem in my plan here, I have 2 windows above my door and the door symbol is showing wrong(Pic 1). I realize that if I erase one window it does not change anything, but if I erase both windows the door shows correctly (Pic 2). Why could this be happening?
I've been trying to find out why but can't figure it out. The door and windows are from the Archicad Library, no custom or from any plugin. The only thing I found is that is probably a setting in the windows cause I could not reproduce the error in other file using the same door and windows. but when I copied a window to the new file and put it above the door I have the error right away.

door.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Pic 2
door no win.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
A 3d view for better understanding
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi arqrivas,

Maybe this will do the trick. Select the wall hosting the door and windows, and set the Floor Plan Display to "Cut Only".

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Nick
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Ncornia, that worked for me, (how I never thought in that) I end up using the cut symbol in the wall and it worked better for me in this case, cause I have a window in that same wall that is above the cut plane level.

BTW, I discover what was causing the problem, and was that I put in the windows the option to show projected instead of symbolic. As soon I change it, it works fine.

Thanks!!