cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problems with placing roads on mesh...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody
I am new with ArchiCAD and am drawing a landscape with roads and buildings, I am trying to add roads on mesh, I did some search about how to do it, but still could not get till the end, my landscape is complicated and to add roads I used fill and then edited it in photoshop and I could not put it back in archiCAD and place on mesh.
pleas help, how can I do it? maybe there is other way to do it...
Thank you for your time
15 REPLIES 15
Djordje
Virtuoso
Try ArchiTerra.

Search in Archicad Wiki, the whole procedure should be there.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
I wouldn't recommend starting with Architerra at the first try. It's a specialized third-party add-on which you might need or not.

A simpler way might be to try this tip: http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2006/issue10-archicad.html
At the end of this article on SEOs, there is a brilliant tip describing a simple way to add a road to a mesh with very little effort - no 3D node editing!

It's in AECByte´s Tips and Tricks section, which I recommend to check out now and then. I don't know if this tip is in the WIKI too, and I also don't remember how I found it - it might be from someone in this forum. However. really worthwhile reading!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply
I tried to add roads on mesh with SEOs, but when I do it I get message "there are no Valid Target or operator elements stored! "
Thomas Holm
Booster
Check the Archicad Help files for how to use the SEO. Do every step, each in turn. You have to select something and then click the Get Target button, then select something else and then the Get Operator button etc. etc.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Check the Archicad Help files for how to use the SEO. Do every step, each in turn. You have to select something and then click the Get Target button, then select something else and then the Get Operator button etc. etc.
I did it that way, but still it does not work when I try to add roads on mesh, but its ok.
thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
One thing that is not clear in the help files about SEO
is that after selecting something and designating it as the target
you must de-select it before selecting something else
and designating it as the operator and you must
de-select it before executing the SEO.
Peter Devlin
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Peter wrote:
... and you must de-select it before executing the SEO.
Peter:

I have found that I do not need to de-select the last selected element(s) before hitting the "Execute" button for the SEO to work.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello David,
Yes, I have found this to be true also.
I just wanted to be consistent to make the point.
Peter Devlin
Andy Thomson
Advisor
We posted this here also:

http://www.archicad.ca/?p=12
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro