Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Preferences - Reference Level

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble understanding how to setup a terrain using a Reference Level (AHD).

The attached survey shows the FFL of the building will be at RL 38.29, and the lowest spot level on the SS is at RL 36.58

In the Project Preferences/Reference Levels, what do I need to set my AHD Elevation to, -36000? being roughly 500 below my lowest RL??
25 REPLIES 25
David Shorter
Advisor
Yes consistency is the critical issue. Currently there also seems to be and issue with exporting to IFC
Getting this checked out as we speak.
Archicad 4.1 to 28 Tech Preview. Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Shorter
Advisor
If you are collaborating with consultants via IFC do not use reference levels or altitude in your project as these levels are not passed though to the IFC file. When working with IFC you must use real levels
Archicad 4.1 to 28 Tech Preview. Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here.

When coordinating with IFC or any other format I find it very important, if not mandatory to set the project origin to match an agreed common origin for all files. I have worked on some projects where this was not the case and it is a big (and risky) pain in the butt.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry Kelly this worked for me.
KeesW
Advocate
I am drawing a large site for proposed apartments and am having trouble using levels in a useful way. We have surveyor's DXF and DWG drawings indicating that site levels range from about 166 to 172m above the the AHD (Australian height datum). Following David Shorter's advise, I've set my story levels with AHD=0 on the bottom and the buildings will then be located about 162m above this. My mesh 3D shows a very long vertical tube under the site (just as well we aren't building om Mt Everest!) which is ungainly. I know that we can control this in elevations and sections by selecting the appropriate vertical extensions for the views, but how does one control it for the 3D views?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Barry Kelly
Try setting a negative height to your mesh height (skirt).
Oddly a positive height will lower the base of the mesh below the base level.
So try say -161m to raise the bottom of the mesh.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11