Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Question: how to write on a wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a question with ArchiCAD 12 walls:

is it possible to create a writing on the wall?

I would like to have a writing, like a neon sign, on a wall for viewing in 3D and render. Nothing "special" just a plain simple letters attached to a wall (in metal) with an illumination behind them.

I hope you understood what I am talking about, since my architectural english isn't quite good (yet, but hopefully this will change).

Thank you in advance.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Wonderful!
The usual problem with this effect is that the light is too strong.
How do you contain the light?

Here is a neon solution in LightWorks that could be a backlite, too.

i didnt do anything special. I created scene in archicad, export it to sketchup,assign materials. Backplane of text is emmisive material and text is 5 cm far away from wall.
Click render and this is it.
Dwight why dont u try to use some accurate render cos u loose a lot of time trying to achive good results in low end renders. I think that u could create beautifull renders in vray or maxwell cos of yours overall knowledge.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
2 image
hello will u please send me neon text sample archicad material file so i can use it directly.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
roxybhai wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
2 image
hello will u please send me neon text sample archicad material file so i can use it directly
You are replying to a 6-year old message. Do not be surprised if you do not get an answer.
Also, you provide your email in your message. Email harvesting bots can easily take it and put in on a list to guarantee a lot of spam for you. You can just ask the person to contact you in Private Message and you can sort it out.
So I deleted your email address from your post.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27