cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

RENOVATION FILTER - HELP!

griggadee
Contributor
Hello Experts!

Please help me find a solution to this problem.

I have tried to set my renovation filter to show my demolished elements as transparent but with a red dotted outline. For some reason, the demolished elements now show as a solid background fill which is contrary to the graphics in my renovation filter options.

Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this?

The same element also shows up in solid red in the 3d model view which I also want to change.

Thanks folks...

Paul

Screen Shot.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
29 REPLIES 29
griggadee
Contributor
Uncheck "Material" (or change the material) in the Renovation Override Styles dialog box.
Regarding the look of the demolished elements in my 3d model, I don't seem to be able to hide them from view. Please see the next few JPEGS for details.
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
griggadee
Contributor
Material set to 'Demolition' show up in red at first.
Demolished Walls 3d View 1.jpg
griggadee
Contributor
When I uncheck the 'Materials' box this is how they look when I actually want them to be hidden.
griggadee
Contributor
Here are my settings.
Renovation Override Settings.jpg
Eduardo Rolon
It looks like a bug in AC15, in 17 it works like it should.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

griggadee
Contributor
What a nightmare! Is there any way to check?
Eduardo Rolon
Apparently spoke too soon. At my old computer with AC15 I can duplicate the error in the new one it displays correctly.

Do a new and reset and try it with the base AC15 template to see if it works.
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 9.33.48 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Showing the Demolition Phase
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Showing "After Demolition"

BTW I am using AC15 for this.
Screen Shot 2013-08-08 at 9.44.07 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

griggadee
Contributor
Ok, so really I will need to use two different renovation filters to get the results in 3d, i.e. 'New Construction' in the plan view so the red lined 'to be demolished' elements are shown, and then the 'after demolition' filter in the 3d view with 'hide' selected for the items to be demolished. This works for me now which is great! Thank you kindly ejrolon!

Regarding the renovation status filters, these still do not work entirely correctly even with a clean template file. I clearly have some kind of bug which is a complete pain! The windows / doors now show as red broken lines and the walls underneath them automatically turn to the 'New Construction' lined hatch which is great, but unfortunately, the default wall background fill still goes to white (it was grey before) instead of transparent, as set-up in the renovation filter settings, when I select a wall as 'to be demolished'.

With the time this has taken to try and get to the bottom of this issue, I think for now I will just use the old school system of putting the elements to be demolished on layers and hiding them whilst drawing red dashed lines manually for reference on the plan. It's a real shame as I was hoping the wonderful ArchiCAD would allow me to avoid this, but alas, not this time!

We have a new version of AC16 in the office, and as AC17 is also on the horizon, I think I will install one of these and try again.

Thanks to one and all for your helpful suggestions! Support on here is excellent as always!

Paul