Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reference lines and cores

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to make the core of a composite wall the reference line? I can only get the ref line on the outside edges or the center. I need a reference line on the wall to be a bit off center.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
BN_Karl wrote:
In any case, we're not there yet as far as a clean interface that lets us accomplish what we need, including referencing (e.g., mercedes, etc) the core as noted in Matthew's recently revived wish. At some point, GS will no doubt integrate the best of both into a single, improved profile interface, one would hope and the composite dialog will be deprecated.

Baby steps...

Karl
Yes. Now that we have four different ways to draw a wall (simple, polygonal, composite and profiled) with different variations (canted, battered, etc for simple & composite - stretch within limits for profiles) it seems vital that they eventually be combined into one comprehensive wall tool. Assuming of course that this is done correctly with a natural and transparent hierarchy from simple to complex.

...and yes, good catch for a new user Chris!

BTW; Karl, what's up with the new moniker? BN_?
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the complements - they are a nice welcome to the forum!

I've been trying to absorb the manual over the last week but thanks, Karl, for the great description of complex profiles - that's just the sort of real world pros/cons that the manual doesn't provide.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad that helped, Chris.
Matthew wrote:
BTW; Karl, what's up with the new moniker? BN_?
Well, I got auto-banned this weekend for a post that contained no 'bad' content as far as I could tell...so the BN (banned user) prefix got tempoarily placed in front of my name and I was locked out of the forums until an admin/moderator un-banned me.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
.... At some point, GS will no doubt integrate the best of both into a single, improved profile interface, one would hope and the composite dialog will be deprecated.

Baby steps...

Karl
deprecated... sounds painful. Easy on the BIG words. I can not only spell Engineer, I are one.
Dennis Lee
Booster
okay, a new vocab for me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecation
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Karl and others here always remind me that I am really only 1/2 of a Geek.