cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reset user origin 'on the fly' not working in AC9

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a keystroke sequence I used in AC8 all the time, which I can't get to work in AC9. It has to do with resetting the user origin on the fly to draw or insert something relative to a point.

Bear in mind I use a mac, so the keys may be slightly different.

In AC8... If I go to draw a line (for instance), and before the first click I hover the cursor over an element (and get the 'tick') I can press <Shift, Option> and the origin would reset to that point. If i then press <x> <500> <return>, the line would commence from that point 500 away from the origin. I can then continue drawing the line. It is usefil for drawing elements, inserting objects,... basically everything.

In AC9 I can reset the origin as above, but when I press <x> <500> <return>, it puts the cursor out there, but will not start the command (ie. the line -in the above example)

I can't get it working, and am wondering If I'm missing something. Surely it is (or was) a widely used technique.

Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i'll have a beer in my hand on saturday night. and i'll be even happier when the AB's get walloped into touch . . .

~/archiben
And here i was thinking you were relatively intelligent. Oh, well, good luck.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Don't be fooled - you can take the boy out of England, but you can't take England out of the boy.

But let him vent here, as he dare not say that out loud where his, or he'd be shouting everyone, right Ben?

Now the cricket - that's another story....

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone who beats the Aussies at cricket (or any other sport) is o.k. in my books. Go Bangladesh.
And Ben's probably in the most (unashamedly) one-eyed part of NZ, so he'll not be getting much rest at the moment.
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
And Ben's probably in the most (unashamedly) one-eyed part of NZ, so he'll not be getting much rest at the moment.
mate - there's more brits (britz?!) here than kiwis at the moment. jonny's staying just around the corner, sir clive's in the café down the road and i saw the front row walking down victoria street last night (they're HUGE).

and i find out in a few hours whether there's a couple of tickets for saturday heading my way . . .

like i said . .

bring it on!!!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
Now the cricket - that's another story....
is that when you become an australian born new zealander instead of a new zealand born australian?

my home county side beat the aussies last week, never mind bangladesh and england!
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
There's probably more Brits in Chch than kiwi's at the best of times. Hamilton was buzzing a couple of weeks ago when the Lions played the Maori (remember that one?) which is unusual for H'town. Hope we're showing the same hospitality I got shown when in the UK, great atmosphere, good banter, plenty of liquid refreshment.
Good luck with those tickets, should be a great game, but really the Lions have about as much chance as Tim Henman at Wimbledon. Looking forward to watching it on my sisters 100" screen (with comentary and fridge nearby).
Bring it on indeed...
__archiben
Booster
woo hoo!
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one. Comp's too!
__archiben
Booster
s2art wrote:
Nice one. Comp's too!
it's not what you know . . . it's how much you can drink!
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
it's not what you know . . . it's how much you can drink!
And how much did you drink? Notice you were still posting messages here at 2:50 on game day, and then again yesterday (anything to take your mind off the result / future games I suppose). There had better be changes in the Lions or the Welsh will be revolting!!!