Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: CORNER WINDOWS - Survey

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am just curious how many of you are using the actual Graphisoft corner window tool. We are completely ignoring it and using Door-Window builder instead.
Please vote in the poll to improve current status of opening creation.

thanks

Administrator guys would it possible to make this poll sticky for a while? Thanks...
::rk
35 REPLIES 35
Srinivas
Booster
YA.H.VE wrote:
I will love to make a glass corner window with frameless!
Did you try this? Please see the attached Image.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used't twice but I prefer to use archiglass .it is very nice
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft must think themselves seriously about the way they offer windows and doors to us as - international - customers.

A lot of anger can be solved by adding extra parameters to the INT version. THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE within the localized German Library. Why the difference ????

The German library offers :
- an option to set different sizes of the window frame at the left, right, top, ... : important to get a thin frame at the corner like I want
- the possibility for different reveal at each window and not mirror like as in the INT version

I'm sure other localized versions will have more / less / different / ... options and I don't agree with this policy as far as it concerns general and not area specific information.

TIP : for corner windows especially I think it would be worth gold to have all windows and doors available as single but still parametric "objects" also (like storefronts f.e.). With the help of empty windows I would position the objects just the way I want !
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I have witnessed a lot of user grief in this area. Will have to try the GER corner windows. The library localization has become a real problem, we need a better universal library that subsequently gets language and standard localized only if necessary. Currently, the Germans have parts that work (and lots more of them), where the rest of us do not.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
haven't used the corner window in v10 yet but in previous versions it was the most fickle thing... many teeth pulling moments!! doesn't sound like much has changed in this version yet...

can i just add my frustration insofar as the windows and doors go in v10 IN GENERAL! I'm finding all sorts of little bugs which most of the time i just work around as i haven't got the time to report all of them... i will do one of these days, but in the mean time.... aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!! is a noise that come out of my side of the office rather a lot!
alexliz
Participant
Never used it. Ever.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Jefferson
Participant
Joeri -

The more we learn about disparity between libraries the frustration grows about who has what, and how it works, or doesn't. Many of us have had discussions with other international users about this and the feelings seem unanimous. It needs to be addressed. Why a localized library? What's the point? One library please! Allow me to pick and choose what I need/want, I'm the one creating the model. Having the full compliment of objects/add-ons to choose from can't be any more complex than the rest of the program! And, check me if this logic doesn't make sense, but wouldn't it be simpler for Graphisoft to simply support a single library, with different languages?

I am wondering, and hoping, someone who better understands the nuts and bolts functionality of the program can comment, about sharing between users some of the more desirable library parts, or in this case an .apx. I assume the only safe way to implement this within one's one system, not intended by design to operate with these included, would be a strict and consistent effort to properly rename these objects/tools and save/load them from your own personal library/add-on environment. Personal responsibility, I can live with that. This may of course be overly-simplistic and just wishful thinking, then again it just might work, and.............if it did, we as users, could certainly just start sharing, via the very GDL Depository, right here

To that end, Joeri would you consider sending me your corner window .apx, I'll give it a try and report back. [I briefly attempted to navigate the Greman webpage on my own, but no German here so.............]
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem ridiculous that there are different libraries for different countries when we in the UK get Archicad with log wall types. I mean how many times will I be using that particular construction? In fact I wonder how many times anyone in the USA uses log walls!?? Theres got to be more important things to add like proper planar glass roofs and walls, spider brackets and structure for glass walls, interesting balustrades in glass, mesh balconies and steel supports with timber decking (this would make a brilliant intelligent object to have in Archicad), a standard disabled toilet layout in 3d, interior and exterior lights that have the lamps already setup to reflect modern lighting available etc

Nats
Anonymous
Not applicable
YA.H.VE wrote:
Corner Windows is one of those things Graphisoft have to work to make it work. I post a few months ago an issue with that tool. I will love to make a glass corner window with frameless!
Ditto lets see some advanced planar glass tools in default Archicad.
TomWaltz
Participant
nats wrote:
It does seem ridiculous that there are different libraries for different countries when we in the UK get Archicad with log wall types. I mean how many times will I be using that particular construction? In fact I wonder how many times anyone in the USA uses log walls!??
They're ridiculous in the US too. I think like 2 people use it. I suspect it's something that they made back in the 90's and just kept around for laughs. You could do the same thing with the profiled walls, just not as automated.

What do you mean my "planar glass"? Like a storefront? Or something more elaborate?
Tom Waltz