BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ¿News about AC 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

¿Anybody knows anything about AC 12, please?

I'm hearing rumours, but nothing concrete...

Thanks a lot and regards.

P.S. Like another user says: "forgive my spanglish..."
325 REPLIES 325
Anonymous
Not applicable
So, now we can talk about it!

First impression - Wow! They seem to have solved some really long time issues and limitations - Speed issues with elevation regeneration, dodgy curtainwall objects, half functioning stair tool, core display of structure, hotlink management, limited fill function. Simply adding the multi-processor support must have been a serious undertaking code wise. No-one else has done that yet, so if it works, congratulations to them!

One question though, maybe for the beta testers, has the openGL window display been updated to show material fills generally, as well as the individual cores where it is cut though?

Looks like it's going to be a great release anyway. I'm looking forward to having a play!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Peter wrote:
One question though, maybe for the beta testers, has the openGL window display been updated to show material fills generally, as well as the individual cores where it is cut though?
I believe this can now be achieved with the new 3D Document capability.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Shivang Rajvir
Participant
Awesome !
ARCHICAD Lover

http://www.dimensionplus.in

Core i7 3.4 GHz, AC 9 to 22

MacBook Air Core i3 1.6 GHz - 8 Gb RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
So it sounds as though my Intel Quad Core will actually be usable by AC12? Awesome! The 2D rebuild speeds sounds good.

I wonder - will this also improve 3D navigation speeds? Also, does this mean AC12 will be able to use all of my cores for rendering too?

Lots of great work here... well done GS!
Anonymous
Not applicable
How many cores are involved? How many processors? Is it for all tasks or just a limited number? Which ones?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Peter wrote:
I believe this can now be achieved with the new 3D Document capability.
I thought the 3D document was a static 3 dimensional 'view' of the model. Can vectorial fills now be displayed in real time in the OpenGL 3D window? Like the old internal engine (but faster).
LINZ wrote:
Also, does this mean AC12 will be able to use all of my cores for rendering too?
I thought it could currently?
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
a post of mine back in May 2004:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=14013&highlight=curtain#14013

Only 50% voted Essential back then (total 8 Votes!!)
Well I'm starting feeling I'm way beyond my time!!
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
LINZ wrote:
Also, does this mean AC12 will be able to use all of my cores for rendering too?
Clarke wrote:
This seems to be a consistent misunderstanding with AC Lightworks Rendering. The Lightworks rendering engine only uses ONE CORE for rendering. To see this for yourself, open Task Manager in Windows, and watch the Resource graph... only one core will be used by the render engine. Cinema 4D will use multiple cores for rendering though. It is also capable of network rendering, if you have multiple computers on a network.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LINZ wrote:
LINZ wrote:
Clarke wrote:
This seems to be a consistent misunderstanding with AC Lightworks Rendering. The Lightworks rendering engine only uses ONE CORE for rendering. To see this for yourself, open Task Manager in Windows, and watch the Resource graph... only one core will be used by the render engine. Cinema 4D will use multiple cores for rendering though. It is also capable of network rendering, if you have multiple computers on a network.
Looks like I just answered my own question..... Unless the LW engine is modified, single core renders will continue to be the native AC12 offering. Nonetheless, the speedier 3D navigation will be a HUGE efficiency gain!
Thomas Holm
Booster
william235711 wrote:
How many cores are involved? How many processors? Is it for all tasks or just a limited number? Which ones?
AC12 can at least use up to 8 cores. I'm not sure about rendering, though, that is Lightwork's domain still.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!