Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Plan w/ walls below

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Any way to have the walls below the roof show up? I was hoping this new release would allow it. I see the walls have a new setting "automatic" but the walls only go up to the ceiling and not the roof. It would be nice if the ghost level could display.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
32 REPLIES 32
TomWaltz
Participant
You could probably do it with a top-floor slab set to show one story above with a dashed line.... assuming the slab follows your walls. Mine tends to follow the stud line of the wall, so would work pretty well...
Tom Waltz
SeaGeoff
Ace
A few thoughts on this:

1. FPCP needs a lot of work to be an everyday part of ArchiCAD.

2. Using dedicated pens for walls and the like, it's not hard to ghost specific element types. This has been discussed a lot.
3. A diagonal hatch with no contours, heavy white FG, and transparent BG inserted below the roof, creates a dashed effect on all elements below it. A kludge but pretty easy to maintain.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
owen
Newcomer
Geoff wrote:
1. FPCP needs a lot of work to be an everyday part of ArchiCAD.
Amen. I will defer in detail to a colleague of mine who is working him self up for a spray on this half-baked feature - but in essence IMO the whole thing falls over because only some tools/objects are sensitive to the FPCP in their appearance.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5