Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof slab angle and level cut

Tom Krowka
Booster
What is the best way to get the level horizontal cut on a roof slab? I see the two choices for the end cut of the roof slab, but nothing for the return cut to the wall.
I imagine I would use solids operations tools,but does that mean I have to run a slab around the whole building, and then use the tool? Quite tedious. There must be something easier and quicker.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
Tom Krowka
Booster
A bit of clarification on my posting above. The slab is used as a sloped roof, 12/12 pitch. I'm talking about the horizontal cut at the bottom of the slab (rafter) where the soffit would be attached.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
A bit of clarification on my posting above. The slab is used as a sloped roof, 12/12 pitch. I'm talking about the horizontal cut at the bottom of the slab (rafter) where the soffit would be attached.
Right click on the roof, select and activate tool. Keep left mouse button pressed on the edge you want horizontal, choose secod icon from tight, a dialog pops up, choose horizontal edge. Done.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
Read your reply. Does activate tool work in only certain windows? It does not seem to work in the s/e window. Or as a newbie, am I doing some obvious thing wrong? It seems like that would be the place to select the bottom part of the slab.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
Tried it in 3d window also. Was able to get a tool bar, second icon from the right said "change roof pitch", but no dialogue box with horizontal.

I'd appreciate it if you could explain further, (I know it takes up valuable time) but this sounds just like the tool I need......if I can find it.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
Never mind, I found it. I guess it works only in plan, on the edge you want to change, right?

Handy little item. Thanks for the tip. Is there somewhere all these liitle tool options are listed? Seems like there is different options for each component.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
Never mind, I found it. I guess it works only in plan, on the edge you want to change, right?
Yep, one thing in plan, another in 3D. Forget Section or elevation - work in 3D window as much as you can, use the Virtual building!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen