Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Rotated bricks/panels within curtain wall?

PLVT
Participant

Hi there,

I have made a hit-and-miss brick screen with the curtain wall tool, I was wondering if anyone knows a workflow which could rotate the bricks to allow for angled view lines rather than perpendicular to the wall. Reference image attached although I'm not trying to get too complex and I'd be happy if I can rotate everything to the same angle (I imagine to create a parametrically controlled wall with varying rotations I would do it via grasshopper which is overkill for now).

Many thanks for any insight.

7da101ce15be912c2e67208230fe9658.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello Plvt

You can import the param-o file attached to this message.

Import the file with the param-o manager: File/library and objects/import/Param-o manager.

About the curtain wall: the inclination of the roof represents the angel of the brick.  Only problem is the bricks are cut perpendicular to the curtain wall and not to the stones.  It is possible to set de witdh and length of the panels/bricks

Param-o is very usefull for this.  I made in a square contourbox which makes it possible to stretch (it is very cpu intensive in 3d window. better to set the scale on groundfloorplan)

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cuba
Advocate

I made a param-o object for this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6KfEKZ02YcvyHcFqpyx_06ElFRrgohz/view?usp=sharing

Stones.gif

You could do this with a curtain wall but the stones will be cut:

cuba_0-1677046600359.png

Draw a roof, save it as a panel: Library and objects/save selection as/curtainwall panel (dutch version)

cuba_1-1677046684106.png

AC27

Phenomenal! Thankyou @cuba for exploring that.

Is there any chance your GSM file can be exported to work with AC25? I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet unfortunately. Would love to learn more about using Paramo which seems like a great tool.

I didn't have much success with using the roof plane as a rotated element. Is the theory that the angle of the roof then translates to the angle of the brick via a perpendicular plane?

Solution

Hello Plvt

You can import the param-o file attached to this message.

Import the file with the param-o manager: File/library and objects/import/Param-o manager.

About the curtain wall: the inclination of the roof represents the angel of the brick.  Only problem is the bricks are cut perpendicular to the curtain wall and not to the stones.  It is possible to set de witdh and length of the panels/bricks

Param-o is very usefull for this.  I made in a square contourbox which makes it possible to stretch (it is very cpu intensive in 3d window. better to set the scale on groundfloorplan)

AC27

Wau Nice job. How did you record this in Archicad ?

I know that in Rhino you can export like sequence / frames and do it like GIF

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Thankyou @cuba that's fantastic. I need to open up the spacing between each stone to be able to look through the "miss" sections, but it looks like it's all feasible by adjusting your script and turning off the union function.

Much appreciated, I definitely need to explore this further. 

cuba
Advocate

@PLVT  Just let me know if you need any help.

@Vojtech Slavik This was recorded with giphy (gif recorder) while a was changing parameters in de param-o.   It is also possible make an animate with the "Current Frame Number" as a Global Value. You'll have to make a Fly-through with different camera's (not possible in the axo view)

AC27