Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO operations not showing correctly in floor plan.......

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I use a SEO operation to shape a wall, or slab, it shows up perfectly in section, elevation, and 3d, but not in plan. Is this the same for everyone or am I missing something along the way.

For instance, I create a series of walls enlosed in the shape of a rectangle. Now, using the ellipse library part, and the SEO operations, I take a "chunk" out of one of the corner intersections. In 3d, section, and elevation, everything is perfect. However, in plan it does not show. Even when I change my cut plane to be right in the middle of the the change.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
goose724 wrote:
When I use a SEO operation to shape a wall, or slab, it shows up perfectly in section, elevation, and 3d, but not in plan....
SEOs have never reflected properly in plan view...a long standing wish.
Dan k
Anonymous
Not applicable
why would it show fine in section, elevation, and 3d and not in plan? It makes zero sense. Why allow the operation, if you can not properly show in all 4 manners?
TomWaltz
Participant
Because section, elevation, and 3D are all true views of the model. The plan is not.

It's still annoying, since the SEOs would really be a lot more valuable if they could show up properly in plan!
Tom Waltz
SeaGeoff
Ace
I hope some one from Graphisoft is reading your posts goose (I presume you have anther name). Too many of us have just learned to accept the incomplete implementation of new features that unfortunately has become the norm with Graphisoft. The dreaded 80% solution. It's one thing for a feature to be 80% when first introduced but another for it to stay that way year after year. SEO floor plan display falls squarely into that category.

A host of new features are currently in the 80% camp (and that's being generous) and are now at risk of joining SEOs on the growing list of unfinished business. One that is related to this is how roof trims and SEOs are not recognized by the new Floor Plan Cut Plane. So while a roof might show the cut, any raked walls below do not. Another is the lack of support for true curves in any of the elements that support the new complex profiles, as you note in another post.

The next release will tell whether Graphisoft is serious about tying up loose ends or just wants to be able to list features that appear to address the competition but don't actually perform in real use.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:

A host of new features are currently in the 80% camp (and that's being generous)
A host of old features are in the "'80% camp" as well (and that's being generous)...What about the Listing /quantification functions as well as the wall framing functions.

Actually one could list quite a few items that have never been fully implemented.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Georff, the name is Rory.

Being complacent towards these shortcomings perhaps is the very reason why they remain. It is absolutely unexceptable to pay as much money as we do for these programs to encounter these, what seem to be small, problems. Especially with out any explanation or dialogue from the powers that be. Where is the real answer as to why you can not fully use tools.

The two examples I gave are rather normal. Why do the SEO operations not appear correct in plan view? Why can you only use profile walls, tilt walls, and double tilt walls for straight walls, and not curves? Why can you curve profile beams but not walls? The list could go on.

Has there ever been an official answer to these questions? I'm pretty sure our money affords us at least that.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Has there ever been an official answer to these questions?
mate, like we live in the fairyland. you are not going to get an official answer, instead you will get a patch that patches already patched feature and at the same time introduces another bug that will require a patch. That's how AC works these days.
The only improvement is that patches come scheduled and over the net - ta-daa - just good for a bus full of happy-clappers
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
goose724 wrote:
Why can you curve profile beams but not walls?
You can curve profiled beams????
Matthew wrote:
You can curve profiled beams????
Or conventional beams?
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info