Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO operations not showing correctly in floor plan.......

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I use a SEO operation to shape a wall, or slab, it shows up perfectly in section, elevation, and 3d, but not in plan. Is this the same for everyone or am I missing something along the way.

For instance, I create a series of walls enlosed in the shape of a rectangle. Now, using the ellipse library part, and the SEO operations, I take a "chunk" out of one of the corner intersections. In 3d, section, and elevation, everything is perfect. However, in plan it does not show. Even when I change my cut plane to be right in the middle of the the change.
14 REPLIES 14
SeaGeoff
Ace
Rory wrote:
Being complacent towards these shortcomings perhaps is the very reason why they remain...
Rory, my friend, if you knew what has gone on behind the scenes you would not call me, or any of the frequent contributors to this list, complacent. We have all participated in multiple beta tests and much more. But there is only so much we can do, and that's not really very much. Your complaints are valid and you're right, we deserve more for our loyalty and money. The reason we all put up with it is because ArchiCAD is the best solution available. When that is no longer the case I will switch.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Djordje
Ace
James wrote:
Matthew wrote:
You can curve profiled beams????
Or conventional beams?
Magic wand does wonders sometimes ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff, I was refering to the complacency of Graphisoft, not any posters on this site. I personally know and work for beta testers as well, and I know some of what goes on behind the scenes, hence the frustration. If this has been brought to their attention numerous times, and yet nothing is done about it, in my opinion, they are being complacent because they know we will find a "work around" solution.

If you took my comments as deragatory towards you, that was not my intention.

as for this comment:
yes you can, just use the magic wand on the curve you want, and poof, there it is. Now try that same profile with the wall tool and magic wand the same curve, and see what happens !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
James wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Or conventional beams?
Magic wand does wonders sometimes ... 😉
I prefer facets on gemstones, but you sometimes you take what you can get.

Or is this some undocumented upgrade that we haven't heard of?
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Or is this some undocumented upgrade that we haven't heard of?
beams still cannot be curved - the magic wand is just automating the task of faceting a lot of straight beams all at once . . . a touch of lateral thinking rather than an undocumented upgrade i think!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup