cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO- subtraction visualization in Plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a mesh form of a trapezoid cube and after that, i used it to subtract his form from a 3d wall using the Solid elements Operator.
My problem is that the hole created from the wall is only visible in the 3d view, section and facade view, but NOT in the plan view...

SCREEN.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try placing an empty door or window instead to make these openings, they should show up in plan view.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Erwin for your reply, but the problem is that i really need to use complex shapes for subtracting operations, hence the choice for the mesh tool...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, the result of SEO operations is not visible in the 2D of most of the elements.
The only element currently that will reflect in 2D the result of SEOs is the Morph Tool. So something has started in this direction...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
roof and shell tools also display this behavior. I am at a loss to understand why it is so difficult to assign these essential proprieties to all the tools.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry, my bad.
Yes, Roofs and Shells also reflect in their 2D the result of SEOs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27