cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SUBTRACTING FROM A FILL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am trying to use the pet pallet to subtract the open space around multiple fill shapes from a single large slab that is overlaid on top of all the seperate fills

the intention is so i can be left with the multiple slabs overlaid on top of the multiple fill shapes

The problem is that each time i do this it says

"Region not found around this point!"

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
are you clicking on the edge of the fills? if you hover over the edge of a fill you get the 3-prong Mercedes-Benz-sign-without-a-ring-round-it. when AC is displaying that and you use the subtract function, it *should* work...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make multiple slabs up on the shapes of the fills!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am not sure i follow.

What is AC?

When i hover over the edge of the fill i do get the mercedez benz icon but i don't know where to find the "subtract function"

It is pretty obvious that under the normal circumstances when i click on the edge of the fill it will erase the fill area from the slab rather than doing it the other way around which is what i want to do i.e erasing the slab from the areas outside of the fill so that all that is remaining is the slab directly on top of the fill
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok blond moment! AC = Archicad

The reason i am asking to do this is to save myself loads and loads of time doing each slab individually, i must have close to a thousand to do
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
Make multiple slabs up on the shapes of the fills!
Did you read my advice?
Anonymous
Not applicable
hehe. blond moment indeed

ok, have the slab selected, hover over an edge to get the 3 prong icon, click once to get the pet pallette open then click the minus button in the pet pallet to activate the 'subtract from polygon' option, then hover over edge of fill to get 3 prong icon, then click on the fill edge whilst HOLDING DOWN your space bar.

Holding down space bar activates the Magic Wand Tool which intelligently tracks the outlines of modelled components...

hope that makes sense. see picture as well - shows pet pallette and hatched fill.
slab subtraction.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
if you can post a pic of the slabs you're trying to create that might help as well!