cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Section questions

Stefan Videnov
Booster

Hi all,

I have 2 questions for this section:
1. The intersection with the slab is quite weird. The materials strenght are as shown in the screenshot, but the intersection is still rather bizar. Why is the topmost layer and the membrane going through the lift shaft?

2. When furntiure is placed next to the wall the line between the 2 disappears. How can I solve this, besides moving the furniture? 

StefanVidenov_2-1700729040926.png

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Hi Stefan, 

1. I think you will find that is covered by the help. Basically AC learnt to carry Finishes into door openings regardless of the Building Material strength.

A special case pertains, to allow continuous finishes between rooms within an interior openings threshold.

When an Opening (Door or Window) in a Wall is flush with the top of a Slab, then the Slab's finish skins will continue through the Wall regardless of skin intersection priorities (down to the Slab’s core skin). If the Opening is not flush with the Slab, then the regular priority-based connections are in effect.

2. I think is a long running "bug". Trying pulling the furniture a tiny amount from the wall e.g. 0.1mm. I know it isn't precision working, but it should be small enough that it doesn't impact the building or documentation.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

See if this link helps - Wall-Slab Intersection: Slab Finishes and Opening Thresholds

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Stefan Videnov
Booster

Not much, I understand the principles in general, I just can't find a solution for these 2 problems.

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

Hi Stefan, 

1. I think you will find that is covered by the help. Basically AC learnt to carry Finishes into door openings regardless of the Building Material strength.

A special case pertains, to allow continuous finishes between rooms within an interior openings threshold.

When an Opening (Door or Window) in a Wall is flush with the top of a Slab, then the Slab's finish skins will continue through the Wall regardless of skin intersection priorities (down to the Slab’s core skin). If the Opening is not flush with the Slab, then the regular priority-based connections are in effect.

2. I think is a long running "bug". Trying pulling the furniture a tiny amount from the wall e.g. 0.1mm. I know it isn't precision working, but it should be small enough that it doesn't impact the building or documentation.

Bring To Front,  Send Backward?  

SteveJepson_0-1700747907325.png

Solid Element Operations?

Make sure fills and materials are not the same for the cabinet and the wall.  Check Overrides.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25