Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shooting multiple holes to fill with magic wand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to make multiple holes to fill (or slab, mesh etc.) with subtract from polygon -tool by using magic wand? Something similar like ctrl-clicking line ends or copy multiple elements pressing ctrl+alt while dragging.

Now it is frustrating because I have to click every time fill's edge first and after that a hole I want to make.
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
•If you draw the holes first using lines then you can Magic Wand inside them without having to restart
• Also when you select the Slab you can start drawing holes on it without first having to click an edge. For this the procedure is:
•• 1. Select Slab
•• 2. Right Click and Select -Select and Activate Tool or click on the Slab Icon
•• 3. Start Drawing the Holes
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
•If you draw the holes first using lines then you can Magic Wand inside them without having to restart
• Also when you select the Slab you can start drawing holes on it without first having to click an edge. For this the procedure is:
•• 1. Select Slab
•• 2. Right Click and Select -Select and Activate Tool or click on the Slab Icon
•• 3. Start Drawing the Holes
Thanks. Actually, the first one doesn't work for me. If I click existing polygons with subtract tool, I have to re-active it after each click.

But the second guide works with existing lines too. If I active fill, and then activate fill tool, I can space-click the holes I've drawn before. That was exactly what I've looking for!
Eduardo Rolon
The first one and the second wand are the same thing except that in one you use the magic wand and in the other you draw them. So you figure out both.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erika Epstein
Booster
If the holes are all the same, you can create multiples of the first hole.
To do this activate the slab tool
Place your cursor on the edge of the hole so the mercedes cursor is active and click to select the hole (not the slab).
Using the multiply command or drag-a-copy(s) you can then create additional holes the same size.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aki wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
Thanks. Actually, the first one doesn't work for me. If I click existing polygons with subtract tool, I have to re-active it after each click.
You don't use the pet palette subtraction for this method. Just select the slab, and with the slab tool active, magic wand inside or on the edge of each polygon.