Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show On All Relevant Stories

JKL
Contributor

I am attempting to get my plumbing to show on the foundation. My employer wants the "Site" story above the "Foundation" story in the story settings within our template. So when I select all my plumbing objects I wish to show, I cannot select the display option for "home and one below", as below is the site.  When I select all relevant stories, some of the items (namely, sinks) are showing but not the rest of the plumbing.

Objects are all on the same layer

Cut plane settings are correct to view (I can see the walls on the story above appropriately) 
The sinks actually sit higher than the other items (toilets etc)

All obj settings are the same for what I can see vs what isn't showing

Aside from blowing up the model and switching my stories around or putting new objects on the foundation plan-neither of which I want to do-what can I do here to get all the objects to show correctly on the foundation?

I've a series of images below with a sink and toilet as example.

Thank you!

Traced elements here should be showing as sink is

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.47.38 PM.png

But only sinks are actually viewable

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.48.05 PM.png
sink settings

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.49.16 PM.png

toilet settings

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.49.41 PM.png

 Foundation cut plane settings

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.52.26 PM.png

Story settings

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.54.04 PM.png

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
6 REPLIES 6
Marc H
Advisor

Coincidentally, I tried Site above Foundation on a recent project (the idea being a visible match between exterior and interior elements), but it created more issues than it solved.

Meanwhile, the ‘relevant stories’ is an unfortunate limitation I hope GS converts to a custom selection in which we can select applicable stories for our increasingly complex project elements. Maybe this will be part of the ‘split level’ roadmap improvements.

One workaround if you are forced to keep it this way may be to overlay two drawings on your layout; one for each story, with a gray GOR applied on the upper story view.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Why you can't find ( Home story and one below) in your display options?

This is strange,

for me in 26 INT I've this option valid.

AC 27 INT 5030/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Unfortunately, the options with home story and (+options) and custom are only options for slabs, beams and columns (I may be missing something else) in the US version. All other items are only home or all relevant. I would think everything should have the (+) options!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26

This may work!

I think I'm going to have to reset the template to put the site under foundation to avoid future issues. Let me know if you come up with any good solutions keeping the story settings a visual match to the project!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26

JKL:

These are the options I see for WC 26. Are you using a different library part?

David

WC Display Options.png

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly

This is not to everyone's taste, but I do not set up storeys for foundation and site.

I have a storey for the ground floor ant that is it.

I use layers for the foundation walls and the site elements (dxf site plan, 3D site mesh, etc.).

Then you set up some layer combinations to turn on/off the layers you want to see, and save a view for each layer combination.

To me storeys are purely for each floor level, i.e. ground floor, basement, first floor, second floor, etc.

I don't even uses storeys for ceiling and roof levels.

But that is just the way I like to work.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11