Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Show core only option

Anonymous
Not applicable
The show core only option (partial structure display) is a great addition to archiCad. However, it doesn't seem to take off the veneer thickness on columns. Is that the case or am I wrong? (Hope I'm wrong)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark
You could if you could make your own column out of Complex Profile or out of a Composite I believe.
But that is the only two places I think you can set up a "core"
which is what you have to do to have that control in "Partial Structural Display".
Maybe someone else knows different.
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, one can only assume that GS believes that a column veener ~could~ be used for structure. And that a Complex Profile can be used instead.

Don't forget you can select all of your columns and choose Design> Complex Profiles> Capture Profile of Selection. Once you have set the skin priorities and stored the profile, you can use the Apply to Selection button to change all your columns at once.

While the columns will look correct, unfortunately they won't list correctly. That is, if you edit their settings, the name will show as Custom Priofile, not as the Profile's name.

Still don't understand why GS believes this is the way we'd like it to work.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The complex profile works. Thanks for the replies!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The veneer is only a 2D feature of the column, it has never been fully implemented in 3D. A real 3D veneer is something that needs to be developed in a future archiCAD version.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft