Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Snap Understanding

Zdenko
Enthusiast

struggling with understanding "snap" and waiting on the mouse hovering to get the system to show a blue circle where necessary. are there commands that can be input for snaps, such as midpoint, endpoint, or perp.? I know this usage is from another CAD package. i seem to be very inefficient when it comes to placing elements, such as windows or doors using snaps and the tracker. I find myself placing elements at an easy location, such as corner, and then dragging it with the tracker to obtain the result. when I try to do a drag/copy my options under move are all grayed out and don't understand why.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.4.1

also, how the heck does "choose a board" work with picking "labels" work?

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

This might help with the snap guides ...

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F030_Inter...

In the Work Environment, you can set the time delay for them to automatically appear.

Or you can use the keyboard shortcut (Q is default) to make them appear straight away.

@Zdenko wrote:

also, how the heck does "choose a board" work with picking "labels" work?

Not quite sure what you mean by "choose a board".

You need to 'choose a label' when posting - sometimes it can be difficult to find the one that suits best (you can use more than one.

If nothing really suits, choose 'other'.

BarryKelly_0-1713839522037.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

spent time yesterday learning the sequencing of making an element active with and without nodes and how the modifiers work in conjunction. i believe it has been resolved and more comfortable with the process.

i had difficulty in posting this topic and it wouldn't let me leave a "label"? that was my frustration, so i copied what i wrote and re-started the process. so you can disregard my ineptitude and impatience 🙂

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1