Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solids operation problem? or not...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone...
i'm trying to combine two objects made with complex profiles - beams and columns - to create a facade of a fireplace.
As you can see in the image I want to cut the top of the column and the sides of the beam to create a 45 degrees cut for the moldings to be combined correctly. 3 questions: (only )
1. I tried it with a roof and solids element operations but when I remove the operator the cut disappears.
2. The trim to roof tool cannot cut the column and the beam
3. Is there any other possible way?
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Wendy

Put your operator on a seperate level and after the SEO turn that layer off.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I would use the Shell Tool to create it out of three Shell Elements. Their starting and end angles can be slanted.
Then you can make it solid if you need to based on this article:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/CreatingShellsWithSolidBody
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Morph if you're using AC16.

Or if you want to do it with SEO, use a roof the full depth of the "column" as the operator, use SEO Intersection with the column as the target, and a second operation with the roof as operator, beam as target and Subtraction with Downwards Extrusion. Put the roof on a layer such as "SEO Operators" and turn this layer off.

Once you have done this you can select your three pieces and save as an object so you don't have to worry about the SEO's being undone.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi,

Btw,
1. I tried it with a roof and solids element operations but when I remove the operator the cut disappears.
As you may know, you should not remove the operator but put it on a hidden layer.

For your molding, , If it is that what is intended ( see attachment), Another solution would be to Create the molding with complex profiled wall. draw all in the plan view and save as an object.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much!! I did it!!!!!