Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Special Menu?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the special menu gone? It appears in the WE lists but I can't seem to get it to appear or use it's functions.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
__archiben
Booster
Jeffrey wrote:
Is the special menu gone? It appears in the WE lists but I can't seem to get it to appear or use it's functions.

Thanks
you could try a search.

this is for the mac:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=21508&highlight=special+menu#21508

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
In Windows I activated the Special Menu with the Registry Editor. When ArchiCAD starts it nowhere to be found.

However, I do see the special menu when quitting the application (after dismissiong the save dialog). I don't know where to look to activate it in the WE editor.

Its a lot like looking at something you consider valuable disappearing down the drain.

Any suggestions?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Karl Ottenstein
Attached is a step-by-step to show how to get the Special Menu to show in a work environment (after enabling it either by registry or by startup shortcut key). This is one of many variations on a theme ... and of course you can put Special Menu commands into toolbars as well, just like any other command. But, as posted in all related threads: use the Special Menu commands at your own risk! (Some, like "Show Pentration Lines", seem essential and completely benign to me.)

To add some words to the 10 steps (invisible step 10: click OK):

1. Create a new menu and
2. Give it a name (perhaps, "Special" 😉 )

[Alternatively, choose an existing menu.)

3. Once you have an actual menu selected on the right for building or editing, your options for "List" at left increase. Choose "All commands by theme". Scroll down to...

4. Special and click the + to expand the commands below, then

5. Shift click to select all of the commands, or select the ones that you really need (better option IMHO, but not shown here), and then

6. Click on "Add selected". The commands will show up in the menu on the right now.

7. These steps are essential ... otherwise all of this work will eventually be lost! Click on "Command Layout Schemes" at left, and now either click "Store As" to create a new command layout that includes this menu (such as the "Karl incl Special" layout that you see on the right ... which I had created earlier) ... or, to have an existing menu scheme reflect this new changes...

8. Click on an existing menu scheme and

9. Click on Redfine

10. Click OK (Or, perhaps click Export first if you want to move this updated menu layout to another computer, or to make a backup).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB