Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stairmaker handrail bug?

Tom Krowka
Booster
I tried to use a stairmaker handrail....rail post with baluster. The post will not change material. I had this problem in version 8 as well, but used another handrail. This time I have to use this particular railing. I'm using it for rail at a deck, not with an actual stair.

The material is stuck on brick, won't change. I opened the library part, and discovered the "pmat" (post material) is greyed out and will not change. I do not know how to make it operable; there is no script for it that I can find.

Is this another stairmaker bug?

If anyone else's rail post with baluster works, please email a copy.

Gotta have it....................................
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Tom wrote:
I tried to use a stairmaker handrail....rail post with baluster. The post will not change material.
Is Use object's materials on?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
Under the model tab, use object's materials is on. If I turn it off, and change it to all one material, all components of the rails will change.

I would do that, except the top rail has to be a different color. I don't want to run a piece of slab across the top of the rail. It's another step and I've got a bunch of rail to do.

Besides, this thing should work.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com