Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Story (Floor) Numbering

Dalius
Enthusiast
Is it possible to change in ArchiCAD INT version that Story counting would begin with No.1, not 0 (Zero)?

It always confuses, because in Lithuania the 1st floor of a building is the ground floor, not the floor above the ground floor, as in other European countries. And the floor above the ground floor is the 2nd floor, not the 1st floor, etc. So, Story No. does not match Story Name.

I get this question from local architects and students for many years.

Story Numbering.png
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is a hard-wired setting in ArchiCAD but is different in various localized versions.
In the US version for example, Stories are 1, 2, 3, etc. and -1, -2, -3, etc. so there is no Story 0.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dalius
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
In the US version for example, Stories are 1, 2, 3, etc. and -1, -2, -3, etc. so there is no Story 0.
Laszlo, thank you for your reply. Yes, I know about Stories in other localized versions, so my question is — could we easily eliminate Story 0 in the INT version, like it is in the US or RUS versions?

Lithuania is too small to have its own localized ArchiCAD version, so our architects and students are using the INT version, which Story Settings do not meet local standards.
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know of any way by which you could change this setting.
That is why I said I think it is hard-wired within the program, not a setting you can simply change by changing some value somewhere.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Ditto what Laszlo said. I'm not sure, but I thought that the US version was the only one that had the ground floor as story 1? If so, then asking Graphisoft to repackage the US version with the most appropriate localized library and startup template would be your fastest solution if English language menus are OK. (The language is hard-coded in each version also - AC is not like some software that lets you choose which language to display.)

If some other existing language version is better for your users, then the development team would have to build a special version of that with the ground floor as story 1.

??
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB