Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ticket Barrier?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm working on a train station project which requires some 'furnishings'. One piece that is especially important is those barrier that we see these days, electronic and don't allow people through without a ticket

How would you model such a thing in ArchiCAD relatively detailed and quick? (I haven't found an object)? I could round the outside edges/corners with a slab but how would I round the top corners? It's not as simple as meets the eye!

Here's as basic as they come...

Ticket barrier

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
It is not too tricky and can be done reasonably fast. I modeled the majority of the turnstyle with slabs with roofs for bezels, some wall with complex profile. The key is to model as many objects in the same plane as possible, such as the main body of the turnstyle.

-Modeled body with slabs, I saved it as a part and placed it in plan. Now it is rotated properly.
-Next modeled central post with complex profile wall.
-Created the small vertical panel on top of the post with slabs and saved as part then placed on post.
-Used roof tool to create sloped bezels.
-Used slab tool to create the gates, but looking back it would have been quicker to create complex profile walls.
Turnstyle.jpg
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
It is not too tricky and can be done reasonably fast. I modeled the majority of the turnstyle with slabs with roofs for bezels, some wall with complex profile. The key is to model as many objects in the same plane as possible, such as the main body of the turnstyle.

-Modeled body with slabs, I saved it as a part and placed it in plan. Now it is rotated properly.
-Next modeled central post with complex profile wall.
-Created the small vertical panel on top of the post with slabs and saved as part then placed on post.
-Used roof tool to create sloped bezels.
-Used slab tool to create the gates, but looking back it would have been quicker to create complex profile walls.
Wow thank you, it looks very good!

I'll be trying it myself in a day or two but can I be cheeky and ask for your version too?

(feel free to PM me)
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Sure, but the object is extremely primitive. I have not really cleaned it up for use in projects, not edited the 2D symbol nor added any parameters. Plus the dimensions are totally arbitrary. But here you go. Enjoy.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
Sure, but the object is extremely primitive. I have not really cleaned it up for use in projects, not edited the 2D symbol nor added any parameters. Plus the dimensions are totally arbitrary. But here you go. Enjoy.
Thank you.

It was mainly to see it in 3d space so I know where to place things. Good job!