Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tip: How to unhang ArchiCAD 9 under Vista

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am using Vista and sometimes I have to use ArchiCAD 9 on it, while ArchiCAD 9 is not supported under Vista, having been released much earlier.
I found that if I go to any other program, ArchiCAD 9 hangs and I have to force quit it.
However, recently I accidentally found the solution:
I go to any other application, select something and press CTRL+C to copy it to the Clipboard. ArchiCAD 9 miraculously comes back to life and continues to work fine. If it happens to hang again, I repeat the same fix and it is again in good working order.
Maybe it happens only on my machine, but let's hope this info is useful for others, too.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Some of us experienced AC 9 hanging under XP related to the clipboard:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=53246&highlight=copy+hang#53246

(and earlier posts). Could this Vista thing be related? It sounds like you did not do a ctrl-C in AC, but merely switched to another app to get AC 9 to hang?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
Some of us experienced AC 9 hanging under XP related to the clipboard:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=53246&highlight=copy+hang#53246

(and earlier posts). Could this Vista thing be related? It sounds like you did not do a ctrl-C in AC, but merely switched to another app to get AC 9 to hang?

Thanks,
Karl
Yes, I switch to any other app, Windows Explorer, mail, browser, anything, and AC9 hangs. Then I do a CTRL+C in any app, and it unhangs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27